Thursday, April 3, 2014

A Hope Beyond Circumstance

This passage spoke to me again this morning, as it has many days in the past. I just love the refrain, reminding us of the source and foundation of a hope that is able to stand, over and against whatever circumstances we may happen to face:

"As a deer pants for flowing streams, so pants my soul for you, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When shall I come and appear before God?...

Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation and my God.

My soul is cast down within me; therefore I remember you... Deep calls to deep at the roar of your waterfalls; all your breakers and waves have gone over me. By day the Lord commands his steadfast love, and at night his song is with me, a prayer to the God of my life...

Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation and my God." - Psalm 42 (selected)

No comments: