Monday, March 8, 2010

Brief Reflections, part 2: Worship

"But you have come to Mount Zion, to the heavenly Jerusalem, the city of the living God. You have come to thousands upon thousands of angels in joyful assembly, to the church of the firstborn, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God, the judge of all men, to the spirits of righteous men made perfect, to Jesus the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel." - Heb. 12:22-24

God’s presence is truly and actually in our midst; particularly in worship. So often I approach God as if His presence must be imagined into place or conjured up somehow… But it isn’t God that needs to change; it is the tuning of my own awareness, the sharpening of my own senses, that I might genuinely perceive the presence of the God who is actually here. I long for that awareness, that I might worship and serve more fully and truly.

No comments: